It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cain and Paul "removed" from Bill O'Reilly poll???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I am watching the Bill O'Reilly show on Fox. He just said something like this:

NOTE: I was watching this live on TV, so I am paraphrasing what he said...this is not an exact quote, even though I put quotation marks around it.
"I have bad news to report. On our poll, the Herman Cain and Ron Paul supporters were told to flood the site and vote for their candidates, so we have to throw those 2 candidates out. The winner was Mitt Romney with Newt Gingrich in 2nd and Rick Perry in 3rd."

Now, that is crap, I get emails from Herman Cain, and they did no such thing. I actually DID go on the site and vote for Cain, but I did it on my own. No one told me to "flood the site".

Sounds like Cain and Paul won and O'Reilly is ticked.

I would link something, but the poll is still showing as open on the website and there is no news story about it yet.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Figures the only 2 candidates I like would be removed. How is he sure Mitt Romney or any other candidates supporters didnt flood the polls?

Oh Bill......

ETA - Well I guess this uplifted my spirits for today, knowing Paul and Cain won by what Im guessing is a massive landslide.
edit on 30-9-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

ETA 2 - I also tried to see if I could vote in the poll twice and it wouldnt let me.
edit on 30-9-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

This is really a show of the prejudice towards the fairness of the campaign.

To keep people off a poll because their supporters are active and the others are not is simply wrong. Logic would seem to say if the other candidates supporters are active, and they win every poll, then the other candidates should motivate their bases.

They all preach "Capitalism" Free market decides issues best. Why in the hell don't they let the free market play out here? Competition drives others to improve or be eliminated.

They need to stop the discrimination. These other candidates qualified to run for president. They should have equal rights to all polls and competitions that are put out as embracing all the candidates.

My opinion is let them all answer the questions. Let them all debate each other. Let all the issues come out for discussion, and keep all candidates on the poll selections.

Segregation was bad when it implemented. Discrimination for any reason is wrong. So stop segregating the candidates by "the media favorites" and treat them all equally the same, WITH RESPECT.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

If this be the case...Bill is showing his true colors. I really thought he was a more honorable man.

You can't "flood" an online poll. Your vote is counted by your computer information when voting. If you try to vote again in the same poll. You are told that your vote has already been counted...I call BS

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

yeah i watched that and it was bs because i tested their poll out myself

and tried to vote twice and it wouldnt let me.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Bill O Reilly's show is garbage; he is the scum of the earth. Why do you watch his show exactly?
The whole no spin zone and fair and balanced approach that that network pretends to take is really sickening, but The O Reilly Factor takes it to a whole new level IMO.

In the interview I watched with him and Ron Paul, he did the usual: angrily shout, shove words in people's mouths, and cram his opinion down their throat. I can think of another video I've seen that shows O Reilly condescending Ron Paul for declining to come onto his show for an interview, and I'm thinking "What do you expect, you idiot?". I can also think of a few videos I've seen showing O Reilly and some of his Fox pals just bashing Ron Paul like it's their job (which to be honest I think actually is a part of the Fox News employment criteria).
edit on 30-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
innerweb polls are junk, innerweb polls with paul involved are useless

I'm still waiting for the day when I hear someone say his name in the real world

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Rigged anyway.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Fox is the GOPs mouthpiece and Cain and Paul don't quite fit in with the GOPs white, evangelical, corporate structure.

3rd party time as I doubt Cain or Paul will even come close to a Republican nomination.

Like it or not, Perry is still their golden boy even after his poor performance in the "debates".... Look for a new and improved Perry to be paraded out by Fox in the near future.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

People voting on the internet exist, the internet isn't some otherworldy matrix of cyborg-robots who are programmed to mindlessly click Ron Paul in polls. When Ron Paul supporters are not using computers, do they not exist? Will there be a question on the ballot "Do you use the internet?", and if Paul supporters say "Yes", will their vote be voided due to spamming?

You people kill me with that kind of trash.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
Bill O Reilly's show is garbage, he is the scum of the earth. .

I wouldn't have said that...until tonight. Now, I am disgusted with him. My rose colored glasses are coming off.

Just to see what would happen, I, too, tried to vote twice. I couldn't.

ALL candidates have supporters. If some supporters are more motivated to vote in these polls, then that shows something about the popularity of the candidates, right???

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

It's pretty sad when this is what they have to stoop to to have THEIR front runner win one poll. If I was Romney I'd be embarrassed.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
At least we now know that Cain and Paul are real front runners!

Or am I wrong...I know Paul's supporters are always accused of this "poll flooding." He didn't do well in the Florida Straw Poll, although he did well in Iowa (and California? right?)

I actually think this says a lot about how popular Cain has suddenly become.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Polls flip daily and most times the results are skewed.

They won't really matter until the primaries are over. If even then.

The only FOX I watch are Studio B and RedEye. I'll catch Greta on occasion as well.
edit on 30-9-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It's Fox and they hate Ron Paul they do everything they can to put him in a bad light. I'm surprised about Cain though because he usually supports the things Fox likes.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
It's Fox and they hate Ron Paul they do everything they can to put him in a bad light. I'm surprised about Cain though because he usually supports the things Fox likes.

It's that FOX fair and balanced thing ya know....

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I haven't watched BO in several years. Does he still call his show the "no spin zone"? He lies. That or he is stupid, I don't think he is stupid.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Fox News is owned by Rupert Murdoch who is a well know Globalist so what would anyone expect. When are people going to realize anything seen on the MSM is nothing but propaganda. They believe the general public are dumb enough to believe their crap. I unplugged from all MSM about 2 years ago. I had finally had enough. O'Reilly is so full of himself and one of the most disgustingly rude person I have ever watched. The only reason he is on MSM is because he is MSM Liars mouth piece. What is it going to take to get out of their delusional trance called news.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I find it hilarious that as much as O'Reily talks about fiscal responsibility and smaller government, he is so blatantly biased against Ron Paul, the one guy that will actually accomplish many of the things Bill professes to want to see happen in government. If I ever meet that lying bastard, I'm going to kick him square in his dangly old-man testes.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

So that is how they are going to do it.

THEIR guy says to go online and vote for him .....so we can't allow it.

OUR guy says to vote for him on election day and it's allowed ?

I can't stand the way things are allowed to be.

Everybody in our country is afraid of the arrogant guy. Stand up to him and he will show his true pansy colors.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join